If you missed out on Sneaker Con 2011 appearance in New York, no worries, we captured it on tape for you to see. Last Saturday Sneaker Con NYC 2011 gave sneaker obsessors a chance to buy/sell/trade sneakers right here in Soho. The line started hours before the event and went down Sullivan Street, along Houston Street, and turned halfway down Thompson Street during the event. That’s three blocks long and hours of waiting just to get in. If you were lucky enough to make your way in, you had to squeeze your way past hungry sneaker fiends and collectors with book bags and duffle bags loaded with exclusive kicks. Vendors sold sneakers, apparel, sneaker accessories, and one vendor was airbrushing hats and t-shirts. Special shout out to Sneaker News and International-hiphop.com for showing some love in the video. Now go check it out!
Okay city girls, do you want the good news or the bad news first? Okay, Okay—the good news is that this years Spring and Summer fashion is about the “3 F’s”…feminine , flattering and flirty. The bad news: You have a lot of shopping to do, and so much to choose from. So here are my picks to help your sprees go as smooth as possible!
1. Maxi dresses/skirts: This floor grazing maxi dress is a hot trend for spring. They are comfortable; flattering for all figures and make a statement evenwithout accessories! (Tip: long dresses are no longer just for nighttime, rock it during the day for a soft hippie look!)
2. Lace: You cannot afford this lace trend to pass you by this summer. It’s a feminine and fresh look, whether you wear it as a cropped top, dress, or tights. Not to mention, super easy to throw on and automatically dress up an outfit!
3. Jumpsuits: Fun and flirty, this trend is great when you need to throw something on over a bathing suit at the end of a sand-filled day at the beach. Inspired from the 70’s, the jumpsuit has made the ultimate comeback. Throw on some heels and you’re ready to go out!
4. Crop Tops: Crop tops are back. This 80’s style can be a great look as long as you pair it with the right bottoms. It works best with some high waisted shorts, skirts or jeans.
5. Florals: Nothing like some floral prints to ward off the memory of the long cold winter we just trudged through. Florals brighten any wardrobe; try a floral clutch to add a touch of color to any outfit!
6. High waisted everything: Again, the 70’s are back and in action! Diss your low-rise looks and try a flared or skinny high waist look. Trendy and chic, try a high waist jean short and pair it with our “number four” selection for an effortless look.
7. Feather accessories: There’s something about feathers this Spring; celebrities such as Nicole Ritchie and Vanessa Hudgens have been seen donning feather earrings and headbands for quite some time now and it looks like the trend is sticking around for the Spring and Summer. It’s the ultimate Boho look for a summer city girl.
The Grammys is the hottest music award show; always unpredictable in all of its artsy and beautiful couture. Vivid colors, shimmering sparkles, and elegant dresses were showcased by our favorite artists this year. Here’s a look at my picks for fashion dos and fashion do nots!
Glee actress Lea Michele looked stunning in an Emilo Pucci ruffle gown. It was a surprise she wasn’t in Oscar de la Renta since she is under contract with him, however, the choice was great and her lipstick was the perfect pick to add a splash of color.
Heidi Klum sparkled in a sexy gold Julien Macdonald gown. Metallic dresses are always the way to go to the Grammys because its fun and young edge.
J.Lo shimmered on the red carpet wearing Elilio Pucci, Christian Louboutin shoes and Cartier jewels.
Selena Gomez was a vision in another metallic number in designer J. Mendel. She had just the right amount of accessorizing with Schwartz jewelry, Brian Atwood shoes, and a Judith Leiber clutch. She said her dress made her “feel like an award!”, I’m just glad she didn’t go with Justin Beiber because his velvet suit could have taken away her great look.
My personal favorite was Julianne Hough in her flowy pink Malandrino gown. The print was fun and vibrant, her plunging neckline was just enough sexiness, and her tousled loose hair made her look effortless.
Here are some more of my best dressed picks, including Bruno Mars, Drake and Naya Rivera.
Grammy fashion is always a little bit more eccentric than the other award shows and sometimes the over-creativity can backfire, result in tacky and over accessorized looks! (Sorry Gaga and Hayley!)
Top 10 New Years Resolutions for 2011
1. I will never eat again
2. In order to maintain a proper balance, I will exercise on the left side of my body and eat on the right side of my body.
3. I will quit smoking on weekends, mornings, and evenings, but will continue smoking from 9-5 on work days.
4. I will not drink heavily, but if I do, I will only drive the google car.
5. I will make every reasonable effort to avoid stress at work unless I am asked to leave, in which case I will make every reasonable effort to throw a fit.
6. I will spend more time with my family, except when my in-laws arrive.
7. In an effort to be more environmentally conscious, I will not throw litter out the window of my SUV.
8. I will spend less money on non-essentials other than my bi-weekly body wax treatments.
9. In an effort to wean myself off of watching excessive amounts of TV I will play more video games.
10. I will no longer date people who own night vision goggles.[caption id="attachment_7819" align="aligncenter" width="452" caption="image taken from newyearseve.ws"][/caption]
Top 10 New Years Resolutions for 2011