Okay city girls, do you want the good news or the bad news first? Okay, Okay—the good news is that this years Spring and Summer fashion is about the “3 F’s”…feminine , flattering and flirty. The bad news: You have a lot of shopping to do, and so much to choose from. So here are my picks to help your sprees go as smooth as possible!
1. Maxi dresses/skirts: This floor grazing maxi dress is a hot trend for spring. They are comfortable; flattering for all figures and make a statement evenwithout accessories! (Tip: long dresses are no longer just for nighttime, rock it during the day for a soft hippie look!)
2. Lace: You cannot afford this lace trend to pass you by this summer. It’s a feminine and fresh look, whether you wear it as a cropped top, dress, or tights. Not to mention, super easy to throw on and automatically dress up an outfit!
3. Jumpsuits: Fun and flirty, this trend is great when you need to throw something on over a bathing suit at the end of a sand-filled day at the beach. Inspired from the 70’s, the jumpsuit has made the ultimate comeback. Throw on some heels and you’re ready to go out!
4. Crop Tops: Crop tops are back. This 80’s style can be a great look as long as you pair it with the right bottoms. It works best with some high waisted shorts, skirts or jeans.
5. Florals: Nothing like some floral prints to ward off the memory of the long cold winter we just trudged through. Florals brighten any wardrobe; try a floral clutch to add a touch of color to any outfit!
6. High waisted everything: Again, the 70’s are back and in action! Diss your low-rise looks and try a flared or skinny high waist look. Trendy and chic, try a high waist jean short and pair it with our “number four” selection for an effortless look.
7. Feather accessories: There’s something about feathers this Spring; celebrities such as Nicole Ritchie and Vanessa Hudgens have been seen donning feather earrings and headbands for quite some time now and it looks like the trend is sticking around for the Spring and Summer. It’s the ultimate Boho look for a summer city girl.